Safeguarding & Child Welfare
Andy Carabini – Club Welfare Officer
Andy can be contacted with any queries or concerns at: 085 1000647, Email: email@example.com
Commitment to Safeguarding:
At Skerries RFC, we are fullycommitted to the enjoyment of rugby by all people. We are also committed to creating an environment that promotes safety, fairness and fun. An environment of inclusion and equality, where there is zero tolerance of bullying of any kind.
Our commitment to Safeguarding is delivered through:
- Dedicated Child Welfare Officer in place
- Adherance to the IRFU Safeguarding Policy
- Creating an environment that gives voices to Children and Coaches
- Ensuring all mini & youth teams’ coaches & support staff are Garda Vetted
- Having reporting procedures in place
- Continuously reviewing procedures & policies with players, parents & officials
Safeguarding policies & documents:
Club Child Safeguarding Statement click here
IRFU Safeguarding click here
Club Codes of Conduct click here
Social media guidance click here
Travel & touring (including hosting & away trips) click here
Anti-Bullying policy click here
All coaches of minis and youths teams, and anyone working with children in our club, must be Garda Vetted – Completed within RugbyConnect. Any of our Club Welfare Officer (Andy Carabini), Mini Rugby co-ordinator (Grant Grieve), and Youth Rugby co-ordinator (Andy Litchfield) will help with any questions.
There are 2 Garda Vetting formats:
- For regular work with children (Includes all coaches of minis and youths teams).
- For occasional work with children.
All coaches of Youth & Min teams must be both Skerries RFC Members and be Garda Vetted.
Link to video of Garda vetting for rugby process as is managed within Rugby Connect: Click here